Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks "Baby C'mon"

I'm going to try and make these posts a little bit shorter from here on out. I can get carried away.

Have you ever heard a song somewhere and wondered what it was or who it was by? Maybe you were in a store or a watching a movie and a song pops up that you started diggin'. You keep singing it or humming it in your head until you realize, "Damn, I need to know what this is!" But you never found out...

This happened to me with one song in particular. I remember back when I was maybe 16 or 17 there was an "indie music" channel on Sirius Radio called "Left of Center". This song popped on and I was really diggin' the guitar riff in it. For whatever reason I didn't look in time to see what song it was. The only thing from the song that I could remember was this dude singing, "Baby C'mon!"

I kept listening day-after-day and keeping my ears (and eyes) peeled for this song. But I never heard it played again. I was bummed. I remember searching online, googling the completely broad lyrics of "Baby C'mon" to no avail.

So I eventually went for a stab in the dark and figured I would try to email one of the hosts of the channel. I don't remember who it was or what exactly I said but I remember asking him if he recalled a song where a dude kept saying "Baby C'mon!" and played a cool riff.

To my surprise I got a response! I don't remember exactly how he replied but he did know what song I was referencing. You'll never guess what the song was called...

"Baby C'mon" by Stephen Malkmus (lead singer of Pavement) and The Jicks. Go figure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benoit Pioulard “A Coin on the Tongue”

Gorillaz “Dirty Harry”

Aesop Rock “None Shall Pass”