Jr. Walker & the All Stars "Shotgun"

Sometimes the old jams just can't be beat. When they come on I just can't help but dance along and be in a good mood. This one from Jr. Walker and the All Stars is one of my favorites.

I first heard this song in the Circa Shoes skate video, "It's Time".  It was Adrien Lopez's song for his part. I was immediately stoked on the song and had to get it however I could. 10 years later and it still remains on playlists that I create. In fact, in that same video is a song by Sam and Dave called "Hold On" in Windsor James' part; another great old classic jam.

 From that loud shotgun sound (which is supposedly an amp being kicked) and the moment that dirty saxophone hits you know it's a groover. "Shotgun" is actually a dance and it's hard not to be compelled to dance to this thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benoit Pioulard “A Coin on the Tongue”

Gorillaz “Dirty Harry”

Aesop Rock “None Shall Pass”