Power Trip "Executioner's Tax (Swing of the Axe)"

Warning: very heavy!

I've heard Power Trip's name over and over throughout 2017. Their sophomore album "Nightmare Logic" has be accumulating quite the response. I finally gave it a shot this morning ...I'm now listening to it on vinyl. I had to buy it. After one full listen of this thing I see why it's getting all the praise. This thing is gnarly!

Power Trip is a thrash metal band from Dallas, TX, on a mission to obliterate your ears. "Nightmare Logic" is only their second full length album over an almost 10 year span. I have yet to listen to their debut, "Manifest Decimation" but I definitely plan on it once I wear this thing out.

You know the one or two songs that really stick out to you upon first listen of a new album. Well on "Nightmare Logic" it was and still is the second song "Executioner's Tax (Swing of the Axe)". It's got this long chug after the power intro that I still can't get enough of. Later Riley Gale, shouts with all of his bandmates "SWING OF THE AXE" in the fashion of Metallica's "Jump in the Fire". It's absolutely bonkers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benoit Pioulard “A Coin on the Tongue”

Gorillaz “Dirty Harry”

Aesop Rock “None Shall Pass”