The Fugees "Zealots"

I had never heard of The Fugees before until a couple of days ago at work. A co-worker and I were upgrading some mic input plates a big old luxury hotel in Kansas City called the Intercontinental. Dan, my co-worker, likes to bring his Bluetooth speaker and throw on tunes when he can.

We were working and just doing our thing when this song popped on that I had never heard before. It was the type of hip-hop that I am a huge sucker for; an old sampled beat that loops and paves the way for whoever is rapping to just let loose and start flowin. The beat sample sounded like a bit from "I Only Have Eyes For You" by The Flamingos, and upon further research...it is!

I don't know much about the Fugees. But you should check this song out. I can't stop listening to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benoit Pioulard “A Coin on the Tongue”

Gorillaz “Dirty Harry”

Aesop Rock “None Shall Pass”